Access insights into the updated CA Intermediate Exam Pattern May 2024, as showed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), only on iProledge. Understand about the comprehensive changes and enhancements to ensure you're fully prepared for the upcoming exams.
ICAI CA Intermediate Exam Pattern
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) recently released a revised exam pattern for the May 2024 CA Inter exam. This updated structure is intended to improve the overall examination process by providing students with the skills needed to navigate the complexities of modern accounting.
The revisions entail the integration of multiple-choice questions, online surveys, and a heightened emphasis on the practical facets of the accounting profession. In this article, we'll delve into the specifics of the ICAI CA Intermediate Exam Pattern for May 2024.
The CA Intermediate Exam, administered by ICAI, consists of 6 papers grouped into two sets, with each paper carrying a weightage of 100 marks. This amounts to a total of 600 marks for the entire examination. It's important to note that there are no internal choices available for subject questions, thereby requiring candidates to address all queries within the prescribed timeframe.
CA Intermediate Exam Pattern May 2024 Overview
The CA Inter exams consist of 100-mark papers. To pass, candidates must score at least 40% in each subject and an overall average of 50%. Notably, there is no negative marking for multiple choice questions (MCQs) in the CA Intermediate Exam Pattern.
For the CA Intermediate Exam scheduled for May 2024, the pattern is as follows:
Exam Name: CA Intermediate May 2024
Type Of Questions: Combination of both Subjective and Objective Papers
Language: English / Hindi
Updated MCQs Pattern: The exam will incorporate 30% multiple-choice questions (MCQs) drawn from real-life scenarios or case studies, while the remaining 70% will comprise subjective questions.
Negative Marking: None
Total Marks: 100
Exam Duration: 3 Hours
Changes in New Scheme for May 2024
The ICAI has revamped the exam structure in the new scheme, making the process more efficient. Both CA Intermediate and CA Final now have reduced exams, down from eight to six. In addition, all CA Intermediate and CA Final subjects now include multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
CA Intermediate Marking Scheme 2024
In line with the ICAI CA Intermediate May 2024 scheme, each of the four papers will incorporate both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and descriptive questions. Out of the total marks, 30 will be allocated to MCQs, while the remaining 70 marks will be dedicated to descriptive questions.
These MCQs will carry either one or two marks each and are mandatory for all candidates. Notably, there will be no internal or external choices for MCQs, and there will be no negative marking for these questions.
CA Intermediate May 2024 New Exam Pattern
Exciting changes are on the horizon for CA Intermediate Accounting and Auditing, with the introduction of a new code of ethics in CA Inter Auditing.
Under the new exam pattern for CA Intermediate May 2024, the papers are structured as follows:
Cost and Management Accounting
Auditing and Code of Ethics
CA Intermediate 2024 Syllabus
To prepare effectively for the exam, prospective candidates must possess a thorough understanding of the CA Intermediate syllabus, including its subjects and topics. Each CA Inter exam group consists of four papers, making it essential for candidates to be well-versed in all relevant areas.
CA Intermediate Students of Existing Scheme
Prepare for upcoming CA exams with the most recent ICAI changes! The current scheme will expire in December 2023, affecting the May 2024 exams. CA Inter and Final Registrations for November 2023 must be completed by June 30, 2023, with exams following the current schedule. After November, students will automatically transition to the new scheme.
CA Intermediate Passing Criteria May 2024
The ICAI recently updated the exemption rules for the new scheme. Under this change, papers in which students score 60 or higher will be considered permanently passed. To pass, students must achieve a minimum of 50% on the remaining papers individually. Furthermore, students have the option to voluntarily reduce the exemption provided by the new ICAI scheme.
CA Intermediate Exam Pattern for May 2024 FAQs
What is the CA Intermediate Exam Pattern for May 2024?
The exam consists of 6 papers, each of value 100 marks, with a focus on practical aspects and a mix of subjective and objective questions.
Are there internal choices for subject questions?
What is the marking scheme for MCQs in CA Inter exams?
How are papers like Corporate Laws and Taxation structured?
What are the minimum qualifying marks for the CA Intermediate exam?